How to get the new Lumia Denim update
Mobile devices and the software that they use is constantly changing. It is always a good idea to keep your device s as updated as you can. That is not always as easy as it sounds. There are times when you have to take the right steps to take advantage of any update that is available.
The Lumia Denim is an update that Microsoft has been talking about for a while. It is going to offer many upgrades which users will be able to take advantage of. Some of the changes include:
- The Lumia Camera – It replaces the Nokia camera and is faster.
- Recording in $K – The devices will be able to record in Ultra 4K HD video. It will record faster than before as well.
- High Dynamic Range and Dynamic flash – These features have been added to enhance the camera even more.
- Cortana always ready – Cortana will only require a person saying, “Hey, Contana” to work. This feature will only work on the Lumia 1520 and 930.
- Glance Screen – This will display more information in a better way than before.
All of the new features are worth adding to the mobile device, but it is often up to the user to figure out how to get the update they need. There are a few steps to follow that will allow this to happen.
- Find out if the update is available for your device – The phone may notify you that an update is available. If it does not it is best to find out if the phone you have is eligible for the update based on where you live. Go to Settings – Extra and Info. That will give the current software on the phone. Go to settings – about – more information to find out the firmware and OS settings. Go to settings – About – Carrier to find the country the phone is operating in. Once you have all that information you can check to see if your specific device is eligible for the update from the Microsoft website mobile devices support section.
- Check your battery – In order to get the full update, make sure the battery is at least 50% charged. More is always better.
- Check your storage – It is also a good idea to make sure that you have enough storage free for the update. If you do not, clear some of the things that you have on your device to make the room.
- Find the update – To check for the update go to settings – phone update. Tap on the check for updates option. If you check the automatically download, the update will be downloaded once it is ready.
- Follow the instructions – Follow the instructions for the download as they appear on the screen.
It is expected to take anywhere from 15 to 30 minute to install the update. The amount of time can be longer depending on the service that you have and the speed of your phone. People have reported that their update took over one hour to complete although this is not common. Once the update has been installed take some time to learn how to use the new features. It is worth the effort.