How to find hidden files in Windows 10 and remove Virus if any?
Many a times we lose a file in Windows PC and searching a file which has gone hidden becomes a bit difficult. Here find below the steps as how to get the hidden file in Windows 10 and remove virus if any.
- To get back the hidden file first open up the File Explorer in Windows 10
- From the tabs at the top select View and then at the top right go into Options.
- Select Change folder and search options.
- A new Window will open up. Within that, select the View tab at the top, then head into Advanced settings.
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Click on Apply, then click OK.
- Any hidden files, folders or drives should now be available for you to search through.
If you think there is some virus or malware in your PC then remove it at once if you come to know of it if your PC is slow or shuts down itself. For this you need a good anti virus software installed on your PC. One such new and advanced featured virus protection tool is Bitdefender total security 2019 which is names the product of the Year by AV-Comparatives, and this gives you the best anti-malware protection against e-threats across operating systems.
Now follow the below steps carefully and in order and do not restart your machine until you’ve completed every step:
Some malicious programs will actively try and stop you removing them. To combat this download and run rkill
Download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes. Launch the program, then go to Settings > Protecton > Scan for rootkits. Return to the dashboard and click Scan Now
Install and launch Malwarebytes ADWcleaner, then click Scan
To remove a virus from Windows when you’ve lost control create a recovery tool that you can use to boot up your computer when it’s refusing to play nicely. You will need access to a second machine and either a blank CD or DVD or a USB drive.
Download the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool
If you’re using a blank disc, insert it into the drive and Browse to the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool file, right-click NBRT.iso and choose ‘Burn disc image’. In the Windows Image Burner select the disc drive and click Burn
If you’re using a USB drive you should download and install the Rufus tool. Insert a USB drive (which will be wiped in the process). Under Format Options select ‘ISO Image’ from the drop-down menu next to ‘Create a bootable disk using’. Click the disc drive icon, navigate to the Norton Boot Recovery Tool file and select NBRT.iso. Click Start, then Ok
Insert your recovery disc/drive in the infected PC
Restart or boot up the machine, but rather than letting it start up normally you want to enter the Bios menu. A key on your machine – often F2, though it will be displayed onscreen during startup – will allow you to do so
- Navigate the Bios to find Boot options, then select the disc or USB drive
- Save your changes and exit the BIOS. Your machine will now boot up from the specified drive
- If a boot menu appears on the ‘Welcome to NBRT page’ select Boot, then follow the prompts to begin a scan
- When complete you’ll be presented with any found threats and recommended next steps. Be sure to ‘fix’ only genuine threats because your actions cannot be undone
- Now with your selections click Fix, and OK when prompted for confirmation
- Click Reboot when the process has finished
To stop your Windows computer getting another virus the best way is to keep your computer safe when you are working online or playing pokies online on windows by having your antivirus up to date. Windows 10 has a built-in firewall, and an effective antivirus in the form of Windows Defender. Extra protection is always a good idea though, and the easiest way to get it is to purchase some security software.
Also there are few tips to follow to avoid getting virus on your windows.
- Never open any unknown email attachment
- Do not download any free software and if you need to do then do only from trusted sources.
- When you are browsing the web double-check the URL to ensure the site you think you’re browsing is the real deal and not a fake looking to steal your login details or trick you into downloading malware.
- When playing pokies games online on windows always find a reputed online casino to play.