When talking of note taking tool most of you will at once say it is the tablet that is the best. The iPad’s Notes app is a good tool for a tablet but it lacks few features. The other note app which is more equipped in features is Microsoft’s One note App which is more better than the Apple’s Notes app
It is not that iPhone or iPad users cannot have this app. You can download this free app from iTunes too.
Features of One Note App for iOS users
- You can capture anything -Take a picture of the whiteboard in a meeting with auto-cropping and photo enhancements. Add your PowerPoint presentation or PDF for school. Clip website articles using iOS share extension. Leave your tape recorder at home and record audio notes on-the-go.
- You can organize your notes in a way that works best for you. Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and notebooks. Find your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you use most. Secure your notes with a password and use touch ID to quickly access them.
- Share your notes with your friends and colleagues. Whether it’s a party your planning with others, or a school project you’re working on with your group. Work together in a shared notebook at the same time.
- Access your notes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other devices. Your notes are synced to the cloud (OneDrive, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint) making it easy to access your recipe notes on your iPhone at the store, your homework on your Mac in class, or your itinerary on your iPad during your trip.
- Create to-dos to keep track of your daily errands, groceries shopping, or travel planning.
- Scribble your notes at a conference, write math equations in class or sketch your ideas. With a variety of pen colors and settings, you can create beautiful handwritten notes and drawings. Draw with confidence with “Convert to Shapes” mode: the app automatically convert hand drawn shapes into crisp, perfectly regular polygons and circles.
Features of One Note app for Windows Phone
OneNote is your digital notebook for capturing and organising everything across your devices as in iOS devices
- You can jot down your ideas, keep track of classroom and meeting notes, clip from the web or make a to-do list, as well as draw and sketch your ideas.
- You can type write and draw. Write anywhere on the page and unleash your imagination. Use your device’s pen or your finger to write and draw with multiple types of pens and highlighters. Take notes on a white background, or add a grid or ruled lines for easier drawing and writing.
- Quickly take a note by clicking the Note button in the Action Centre and on supported pens. Send websites, recipes, documents and more to OneNote using the Share Charm, Microsoft Edge, Clipper, Office Lens and dozens of other apps and services
- Search and find anything in your notes, including handwritten ink and the text in pictures. Quickly access your most recent notes, complete with visual previews of each page . One-click access to to-do lists with tick boxes.
- Easily share your notebooks and notes with colleagues, family and friends. Plan holidays, share meeting minutes or lecture notes with people around you. Edit notes together and see changes in real time
- Your notes travel with you whether you’re at home, in the office or on the go. Notes are automatically saved and synced in the cloud, so you always have the latest on all your devices. Your notebooks look familiar on all your devices, so you can pick up where you left off on your desktop, tablet or mobile device.
- Using your Microsoft account, OneNote will sync your notebooks and pages across the cloud regardless of the platform your using. OneNote is on all of them: Android, Windows, OS X, Chrome, Kindle tablets, and the web.
Microsoft has done a tremendous job with bringing OneNote to Apple products. Also with frequent updates and feature additions, you will surely say that OneNote has the advantage of Apple’s Notes.