With Windows phone you can easily check whether it will snow or rain in coming days or there will be a thunderstorm or bright sunny day. One thing that is best in Windows phones is that you have your friend and assistant Cortana there to ask about “Do you need an umbrella today” and she at once takes you to your weather apps and answers in more detail about the present weather conditions.
Windows 10 mobile users can find some great weather apps to keep themselves informed about mother nature. Here are the best 4 weather apps that you can have on your Windows 10 mobile and keep yourself updated about the weather conditions. You can have these apps from your Windows 10 Mobile Store
1. Weather Channel
The Weather Channel app is an informative, eye-catching Windows 10 app that covers the weather in very informative way. It is a free app available for Windows 10 Mobile devices as well as Windows Phone 8.1.
Features of this app
- You can get detailed current conditions, hourly forecasts, and 15-day forecasts.
- Have fast-loading, interactive radar maps showing past and future radar.
- You can stay safe with severe weather notifications.
- Keep informed with national weather news updates.
- Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
- Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
- Also know the pollen counts near you.
- Have latest weather news
- Watch videos of local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
- Get your current conditions and the high/low temperatures for your favorite locations in a glance.
- Track pollen levels and get flu reports (when available).
- Know how weather will impact your flights with airport arrival and departure data.
- Simply activate Cortana and say or type “WeatherChannel,” followed by your question.
2. NOAA Hi- Def Radar
NOAA Hi-Def Radar – Weather Forecast and Maps is popular app for Windows phone. NOAA Hi-Def Radar – Weather Forecast and Maps is available for both Windows 10 PC and Mobile devices as well as Windows/Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
The weather app is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with the latest images from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) satellites that cover the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into a single screen. The result is a weather map that not only shows what is going on over dry land but also what is drifting around just of the coast.
Features of this App
- Get sharp weather images
- You can choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Also check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map
- Loads maps fast
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- You can bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Also has customize features for intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- You can see images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Also get fast support from within the app
3. MSN Weather
MSN Weather is popular app and comes pre installed on your Windows 10 phone
Features of this App
- You can Quickly access 10-day local weather and hourly forecasts.
- Also get notified timely and that help you prepare for severe weather conditions.
- Conveniently track the current weather in the locations you care about most.
- Go deep with radar, temperature, precipitation, cloud and satellite maps. Interactive maps allow you to pan and zoom.
- If you are planning a trip you have forecast before hand of month by month
- Have latest weather News , watch videos and slideshows.
- See current weather conditions for any city on your Start screen. Click or tap for the full forecast.
4. AccuWeather- Weather for Life
Accu Weather is another leader in providing weather news, information and forecasts. While many will be familiar with AccuWeather’s Windows Phone 8.1 app, there is also an app available for Windows 10.
Features of this App
- You get severe weather notifications and alerts to keep you ahead of the storm.
- Have current weather conditions update every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind direction, wind and wind gust speed, and RealFeel.
- App is fully interactive, with full-screen Bing Maps overlaid with AccuWeather’s precise weather data.
- You can watch latest weather Videos and related stuff.
Which weather app did you liked among these four?